After checking with over 30 businesses in area, we discovered that many offer some awesome local discount, albeit many not during high season. While some issue a discount card, others simply ask to see your resident visa or picture ID with Quintana Roo address. Here are a handful of businesses that will help you save a penny or two.
- Monica Manicure Express. 20 percent discount (show any local ID and receive Monica’s discount card, valid year‐round). Quinta Avenida between 24th and 26th. www.monicamanicureexpress.com
- Bric Spa. Up to 45% off on spa treatments and a Me Time membership for $850 MXN per month. The latter requires a minimum of 3 months commitment and includes a 60 minute massage and 30 minute organic facial every month, access to their pool, garden patio, meditation/relaxation room and showers. During your birthday month you receive a free manicure & spa lunch. www.brichotel.com/spa
- Ultramar Ferry. For residents of Cozumel and Isla Mujeres they offer an Ultraplan of 50% discount. Check out requirements at www.granpuerto.com.mx
- Salt Rock Grille + Cocktails. Show any local ID and receive a year‐round 10% discount on food and beverages (except daily specials). Quinta Avenida south of 38th. www.saltrockgrille.com
- Crococun Zoo. Up to 30% discount in off‐season. Check their website for unexpected resident promos. www.crococunzoo.com
- Indigo Beach Club. Year round 10 percent discount. www.indigobeach.com.mx
- Tequila Barrel. 15 percent discount to PDC locals, year‐round. www.tequilabarrel.com
- Plank/Imprevist. Show local ID to receive their discount card and enjoy up to 50 percent on weekend brunch with various lunch and dinner discounts. www.plank.mx
- Golf Courses. Although the discounts at Riviera Maya golf courses fluctuate, sometimes daily, we experienced the following in recent months at Riviera Cancun (regular $189 USD/resident $68 USD), Grand Coral (regular $90 USD/resident $55 USD), Bahia Principe (regular $180 USD/resident $55 USD) and Hard Rock (regular $189 USD/resident $96 USD). Check www.teeoff.com or www.teetimes.com for promos and specials.
Know of some good deals and discounts that we didn’t mention? Visit us on Facebook/The Playa Times and share your favorite discounts.