Community

Ask Allan: Why Live in Playa del Carmen?

Ask Allan: Why Live in Playa del Carmen?

Hi, Allan   I am thinking of moving to Playa del Carmen with my husband.  How do you like living…
Mexico’s Big Cat: Meet the Jaguar

Mexico’s Big Cat: Meet the Jaguar

The jaguar is the third largest of all the big cats (after the lion and tiger). They are strong swimmers…
Saving the Cenotes of the Riviera Maya

Saving the Cenotes of the Riviera Maya

Cenotes are natural sinkholes that have developed over millions of years. No-one knows exactly how many cenotes there are in…
Mother’s Day in the LGBT Community

Mother’s Day in the LGBT Community

Marcela de la Rocha is the 31-year-old mother of 13-year-old Jorge Alfonso. For Mother’s Day, I’m presenting a mother, an…
Copal: An Interview with Antonio Jiménez Raya

Copal: An Interview with Antonio Jiménez Raya

Copal is the name of a sacred tree that grows in the region of Tulum, surrounded by turquoise waters of…
Beware of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: A Tragic Reminder

Beware of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: A Tragic Reminder

We spoke to Guardian Insurance Riviera Maya area director, Michael Keller, about the incident in which a family of four…
People of Playa: Earth Lande, Birth Doula

People of Playa: Earth Lande, Birth Doula

To celebrate Mother’s Day on May 10, I wanted to celebrate this woman, Earth Lande. She is a certified doula…
Playa del Carmen: A Cosmopolitan and Kind City!

Playa del Carmen: A Cosmopolitan and Kind City!

One of the special things that Playa del Carmen and the whole state of Quintana Roo have is multiculturalism. But…
Everything You Wanted to Know About Cinco de Mayo

Everything You Wanted to Know About Cinco de Mayo

What is 5 de Mayo? May 5th or 5 de Mayo commemorates the victory of the Mexican Army over the…
Ask Allan: Rising Floor Tiles – A Common Problem in Playa

Ask Allan: Rising Floor Tiles – A Common Problem in Playa

Hi, Alex Thanks for the question. Well, this is certainly a pervasive problem in Playa. It’s not just happening to…
Back to top button